standing in the gap
We believe that prayer is the most vital ministry here on earth, the foundation of any spiritual achievement, the first act of worship to our God. Yeshua's disciples asked him about one thing concerning His ministry: "Lord teach us how to pray" He also challenged them with a question:
"Can you wait (pray) with me for an hour? "this question is still one of our greatest challenge for today.
We therefore have set aside time during the month.
Weekly prayer meeting for intercessors every Wednesday from 9:00am-12:00pm
Monthly – Intercession and prayer night on the first Thursday of each month.
Every Shabbat - intercessors pray before the worship services from 9:00-11:00 am
Thank you for standing in the gap with us.
Avoiding Obstacles to Effective Prayer - James 1:5-8
Some of King David's prayers are recorded in the Psalms. There we read how he praised the Lord, confessed sin, and cried out about his troubles. He also asked God to hear his prayers and not be silent (Ps. 28:1). We all want to pray effectively like David. To do so, we must avoid certain hindrances, such as:
• Wavering faith. Doubts about God's character or dependability diminish our trust in Him. Therefore, we must not allow feelings to dictate what we believe.
• Wrong motives (James 4:3). Petitions motivated by selfish desires won't receive an affirmative answer. God wants us to pray for His will to be done--not ours.
• Conflict in relationships. Being resentful or argumentative with others will affect communication with the Father.
• Lack of generosity (Prov. 21:13). God is displeased if we ignore people's needs or give begrudgingly to the church. He hears us asking for a blessing yet sees us refusing to obey Him in our giving
(1 Tim. 6:17-19).
• Indifference (Prov. 28:9). Apathy to the Scriptures is another stumbling block. God has given us the Bible so that we might know Him and serve Him wholeheartedly. Failure to read and apply His Word consistently will diminish our ability to maintain a godly lifestyle.
To develop a strong prayer life takes effort and commitment, but the rewards are great. If your prayers have not been answered, consider which, if any, of the above issues may need correction. Then, start by personalizing the prayers you read in the Psalms or elsewhere in God's Word.
GUIDE LINE PRAYER ITEMS
As Israeli citizen we are much aware of that if "sin is in the camp" we need to take care of our own moral and social state in crying out to God for forgiveness.
- For our nation to turn back to God. Pray against the crime and the spirit of suicide and despair . II Chron 7:14
- For the threat of nuclear war with Iran involving all of their Shiite allies and the interference of Russia and Turkey leading to a Gog and Magog scenario.
- For our congregation to come closer to God, cleansed from all sin.
- For our children - that they would be a light in their schools and stand against any of the schemes of the enemy of their souls. Protection for them from ungodly and immoral T.V./ internet programs affecting their minds.
- For our fatherless children and their mothers in need .
- For the 'Prayer Rooms', each Wednesday. For the people in need of physical and emotional healing who are coming for prayer & counseling. For wisdom and guidance for the prayer team, intercessors and counselors.
- That each person in the Congregation would enter into the call that God has them to take using their spiritual gifts .
- That people would lay aside sins or secret sins that is holding them back from entering into the blessings of promises of God.
- For our government that they will be strong against international pressures and will receive wisdom from on High.( 1 tim 2 )