standing in the gap
We believe that prayer is the most vital ministry here on earth, the foundation of any spiritual achievement, the first act of worship to our God. Yeshua's disciples asked him about one thing concerning His ministry: "Lord teach us how to pray" He also challenged them with a question:
"Can you wait (pray) with me for an hour? "this question is still one of our greatest challenge for today.
We therefore have set aside time during the month.
Weekly prayer meeting for intercessors every Wednesday from 9:00-11:00am
Monthly – Intercession and prayer night on the first Thursday of each month at 19:00pm.
Every Shabbat - intercessors pray before the worship services from 10:00-11:00 am
Thank you for standing in the gap with us.
Avoiding Obstacles to Effective Prayer - James 1:5-8
Some of King David's prayers are recorded in the Psalms. There we read how he praised the Lord, confessed sin, and cried out about his troubles. He also asked God to hear his prayers and not be silent (Ps. 28:1). We all want to pray effectively like David. To do so, we must avoid certain hindrances, such as:
• Wavering faith. Doubts about God's character or dependability diminish our trust in Him. Therefore, we must not allow feelings to dictate what we believe.
• Wrong motives (James 4:3). Petitions motivated by selfish desires won't receive an affirmative answer. God wants us to pray for His will to be done--not ours.
• Conflict in relationships. Being resentful or argumentative with others will affect communication with the Father.
• Lack of generosity (Prov. 21:13). God is displeased if we ignore people's needs or give begrudgingly to the church. He hears us asking for a blessing yet sees us refusing to obey Him in our giving
(1 Tim. 6:17-19).
• Indifference (Prov. 28:9). Apathy to the Scriptures is another stumbling block. God has given us the Bible so that we might know Him and serve Him wholeheartedly. Failure to read and apply His Word consistently will diminish our ability to maintain a godly lifestyle.
To develop a strong prayer life takes effort and commitment, but the rewards are great. If your prayers have not been answered, consider which, if any, of the above issues may need correction. Then, start by personalizing the prayers you read in the Psalms or elsewhere in God's Word.
GUIDE LINE PRAYER ITEMS
The Middle East
“In that day, Israel will be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth; because Lord of Hosts has blessed them, saying, "Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel my inheritance." (Isaiah 19:24-25)
· For God to raise up intercessors for the spiritual warfare which is continuously rising now in the Middle East, that they may have supernatural wisdom & will pray according to His heart for every nation and every Ethnical group.
· For protection for our nation & people. Protection over our northern borders as well as the Gaza strip. Protection from the Iranian's threats.
· For the heads of government, that they understand the essentials spirituals issues of our days and that they receive the fear of God, not the fear of men and of men’s opinions.
· For the nations to receive a revelation of the war that the enemy is leading in Europe, for them to realize the ploys of Islam and the way the Islamist leads their terrorist attacks in all the democratic nations.
· For the media to just report the facts and not their personal opinions, twisted by their nearsighted views.
“I exhort therefore, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving, be made for all men: for kings and all who are in high places; that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; who desires all people to be saved and come to full knowledge of the truth.” (1 Timothy 2.1-4)
· For the elections for our new government on April 9th 2019.
· For our Knesset to realize the responsibility given by God concerning security and the salvation of the people/nation.
· For the deputies of the Knesset to refuse to vote laws opposed to the spread of the Gospel under the pressure of ultra-orthodox parties.
· For the Knesset to be cleansed of corruption and coercion. For God to intervene in every ministry and for the ruling party to realize the needs of the people and the needs concerning the security of our nation.
· For our members of the Knesset to be inspired by God’s fear in the development and administration of the businesses of the country.
· For social justice and against the up-surge of immorality and corruption in every level of the society.
· For the protection of the widows, orphans, and foreigners in our country.
“They continued steadfastly in the apostles' teaching and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and prayer.” (Acts 2.42)
· For the team of the leaders and elders to grow in number and receive new strength and make wise decisions, hearing the heart and plans of God (1 Peter 5:1 Corinthians 10)
· For the new generation of believers to receive a passion for the Word and a holy fear of the Lord, and that everyone would know their calling in the Lord (Proverbs 3-7).
· For God to give us people and financial resources to buy and renovate our building, including the bomb shelter and the distribution center.
· For strength and growth of our young church in Tel Aviv: comprised of Indians, Sri Lankan and Nepalese. Yeshua is calling us to be the light of the nations.
· For our congregation to receive a new revival and for the saints to be equipped for the service and receive a true love for the one who doesn’t know God (Ephesians 4).
· For the members of our congregation to be deeply healed and restored, so that they could bear fruits by catching the importance of repentance and immediate forgiveness.
· For them to lean on God for everything, give up the mentality of victims and meet the living God face to face.
· For the young adult group that is growing.
· For our growing youth group (14-18).
· For our soldiers, for their protection. That they will be a light to the rest of their company as well as remain strong in the Lord while on duty.
For the Vail to be Removed
“And so, all Israel will be saved. Even as it is written, "There will come out of Zion the Deliverer, and he will turn away ungodliness from Jacob. This is my covenant to them, when I will take away their sins." Concerning the Good News, they are enemies for your sake. But concerning the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sake. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.” (Romans 11:26-29)
· For the body of Messiah to be equipped for the harvest and for the God of the harvest to send workers (Matthew 9:38)
· For the eyes of the people of Israel to be opened on Yeshua, the Messiah of Israel (Zachariah 12:10 and 2 Corinthians 3:14-18)
· For the Jews of the diaspora to come to Israel by a desire instead of the pressure of persecution. Pray especially for the Ukrainians and French Jews and their Aliyah.
· For the Church of the Nations to rise to support Israel (Jeremiah 31:7-10)